Mobil, Producing Nigeria, the Operator of the NNPC/MPN Joint venture, as Part of its support for educational development & Human Capacity Building is now accepting applications for the 2009/2010 session. Eligibility is based on the following criteria and is open to qualified and suitable students from all states in Nigeria including the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.
Stdents studying any of the following courses would have their applications considered:
1. Petroleum/ Gas Engineering
2. Chemical Engineering
3. Mechanical Engineering
4. Electrical/Electronics Engineering
5. Civil Engineering
7. Medicine (MBBS Only)
8. Agricultural Science (And related field)
9. Computer Science
Requirements for Eligibility
* The applicant must be a holder of SSCE or an equivalent with at least six subjects passed at one sitting with a minimum of five distinctions
* Candidates must be full time undergraduates in their 1st or 2nd year of study in any Nigerian University
* Students who are currently on similar scholarship awards from other oil and gas companies need not apply.
* Dependants of employees of Mobil Producing Nigeria Mobil Oil Nigeria plc and Esso Exploration and Product Nigeria Limited are not eligible for this scholarship.
Application Method for the Mobil Scholarship
If you are satisfied that you meet the above requirements, please visit the mobil scholarship website at: www.mpn-essoscholarships.com
The closing Date for Applications is Wednesday, August 26, 2009.
Shortlisted candidates are required to come with the original and a photocopy of the following documents for screening before taking the qualifying Test:
* Evidence of SSCE result or its equivalent
* Evidence of admission into a Nigerian University.
* Evidence of current year of study
* Current University Identity Card.
* 2 Current Passport Photographs.
* Evidence of State of Origin obtained from the appropriate Local Government Area and duly signed by the Chairman or Secretary.
Names of short-listed candidates for the qualifying Test will be published on this website and in National Dailies.